Certified Residential BIM Manager
Building information modeling (BIM) is a data-led process that allows project teams to manage information from the design stage and throughout the construction life-cycle. The American Institute of Building Design recognizes an immediate need in the residential construction industry for high-level specialists in BIM. Those who hold this badge have attended specialized intensive training and have been assessed on their understanding of the course curriculum. Thus, earning a “BIM-R®” credential.
Those who have earned a BIM-R designation have completed a curriculum-based assessment program and received the education necessary to develop the following skills and knowledge:
- The Ability to utilize BIM-R effectively in residential construction;
- Design and construction team leadership skills;
- Digital visualization techniques;
- Sales and marketing support;
- Essential project material and cost information;
- Scheduling, phasing and staging;
- Building life-cycle, material analysis, and component assemblies;
- Effective communication skills; and
- Project management.
A BIM-R designation must be renewed every five years by attending a current Certified Residential BIM Manager training course.
What is included?
- Six hours of of live online BIM management training – three sessions, two-hours each, over five weeks.
- Audio recordings of the sessions.
- If you miss a session, make it up the next time it is offered.
- Training materials.
- The BIM-R designation, the Certified Residential BIM Manager certificate, and licensed use of the Certified Residential BIM Manager badge and logo for five years.
Next Training Dates:
- Session 1 – Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:00 to 2:00 pm EST
- Session 2 – Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:00 to 2:00 pm EST
- Session 3 – Thursday, June 18, 2020 12:00 to 2:00 pm EST
Future Training Dates:
- August/September 2020
- November/December 2020
- February/March 2021
- May/June 2021
What is a BIM-R Manager?
What kind of knowledge and abilities should a BIM-R Manager have? In terms, “BIM Manager,” “BIM Coordinator,” and “Information Officer” have crept into our commercial and industrial construction vocabulary in recent years. It is only natural that the trend will migrate into residential construction – single family custom homes, single family production homes, and multi-family buildings. The need to guide both consumers and professionals from a traditional to digital means of building delivery is going to be very much required and for the foreseeable future, it will be the BIM-R Manager who will facilitate that transition. The goal of this insane training program is to give those who are currently practicing BIM or aspiring BIM Managers the skills they need to survive and thrive in this challenging role.
As designers, engineers, contractors, and others all start working in new ways, BIM-R will become business as usual. Meanwhile, essential for all is a need to evangelize the benefits of change, good communication, as well as continuous learning and development. This is not a class for those who like the status quo. Effective BIM-R Managers need to be prepared to elevate their role and ensure the best decisions are made. In an industry renowned for tight deadlines and low-profit margins, the push for change and innovation needs to be well informed. Register now and fight against BIM-like outputs not delivered optimally or efficiently. Cut through the noise and distortion, learn a new skillset, drive change and fully reap the rewards of the digital construction revolution.
After the classes, the training continues. All BIM-R graduates also receive exclusive membership in an online social group lead by the faculty. Ask questions, share your triumphs, coordinate on projects, have access to resources, and more.
Your designs will make you money while you sleep.
Learn how to leverage contemporary digital marketing techniques to land more clients or sell your own plans online.
Subscribe now to get started.