- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “A House Needs to Breathe…Or Does It?” Free CE Webinar
October 19, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
About this event
There’s an old saying that, “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” Nowhere is that more true than in the world of home design, construction, renovation, maintenance, and operation. Having a house that creates the conditions for comfort, health, durability, and energy efficiency depends on a solid understanding of building science. In this session, we’ll cover the fundamentals of heat, air, and moisture flows, the building enclosure, and the various mechanical systems needed to make it all work.
By attending the full session you will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of this book if your GHI membership is in good standing by the end of day of this session!
1. After this session, the attendee will be able to explain why airtightness is important.
2. After this session, the attendee will be able to define control layers and describe what it is they control.
3. After this session, the attendee will be able to list the different levels of a building.
4. After this session, the attendee will be able to discuss several ways to achieve good indoor air quality.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
Allison A. Bailes III is the founder, owner, and chief troublemaker at Energy Vanguard, a building science firm located in Decatur, Georgia. The company’s focus is on residential HVAC design, consulting, and training. Dr. Bailes has a PhD in physics from the University of Florida and has been involved with the field of building science since 2001, when he built a high-performance home out of structural insulated panels. He is well known for the popular Energy Vanguard Blog and his weekly newsletter. His book on the principles of building science is titled A House Needs to Breathe…Or Does It? and will be out in October 2022.