- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “All about permeable black locust lumber exterior solutions” – Free CE Webinar
November 3, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
About this event
This course provides a short introduction to permeable exterior solutions for a sustainable and eco-friendly built environment. You will learn about materials, solutions available on the market. You will become familiar with the benefits of a permeable surface and its advantage compared to traditional options. You will learn about multiple opportunities, where the solution can be applied and how it enhances sustainability.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Understand the structure of a permeable surface
- Become familiar with different types of permeable surfaces using black locust
- See the sustainability benefits of black locust lumber
- Become aware of the possible use black locust lumber your community
Speakers: Adam Cseh & Tom Kirk
Adam Cseh is responsible for the European Business Development at Black Locust Lumber. During the last decade, he worked on various sustainability-related projects, solutions and products. A history fan, who does the one-month minimalism challenge every year. His vision is that one day we will respect and live in harmony with our natural environment.
Tom Kirk is a highly-experienced masonry installer and project manager with over 15 years of experience working with ROMEX products.
Based in Northeast Scotland, his family’s masonry company, Kirk Natural Stone Developments, was approached by ROMEX as they expanded into the UK. Hence Tom first used ROMEX on his parents’ driveway – which today, after 15 years of -30oC winters, is just like the day it was done. From 2004-2008, Tom earned a BSc in Construction Project Management from Heriot-Watt University.
In 2013, he moved to Canada, found work with Houston Landscapes, and was soon promoted to Residential Estimator and Project Manager. Frustrated that ROMEX was not available, Tom collaborated formed a partnership to bring the first ROMEX products to Canada and now available across North America. Tom remains the technical guru and go-to, hands-on expert for all things ROMEX and permeable hardscapes.
Session Sponsor: Aprilaire