- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Bigger Than Tiny, Smaller Than Average” – Free CE Webinar
March 23, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Details about this event
We will discuss some of the positive aspects of small houses. I will demonstrate some characteristics that make a small house feel larger than it is and show some houses where this worked very well.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- To list some of the advantages of small houses
- To demonstrate how small houses can look bigger than they are.
- To provide inspiration to build smaller houses
- To demonstrate the energy efficiency and sustainability aspects of the houses.
Instructor: Sheri Koones
Sheri Koones is an author and journalist, writing for such publications as Forbes.com. Her latest book, which will be released in March 2022, is Bigger Than Tiny, Smaller Than Average. It profiles 26 exceptional houses that show how small can be comfortable, practical, energy efficient—and beautiful. Her previous books include Downsize: Living Large In a Small House, Prefabulous Small Houses, Prefabulous World: Energy-Efficient and Sustainable Homes Around the Globe, Prefabulous + Almost Off the Grid, Prefabulous + Sustainable, Prefabulous, House About It, Modular Mansions, and From Sand Castles to Dream Houses. Sheri is a contributing writer for Forbes.com, a freelance writer and speaker. She has won the prestigious Robert Bruss Real Estate Book Award from NAREE in 2008, 2011, 2013 and 2017.