- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Breaking down barriers to electrification for all” – Free CE Webinar
November 17, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Details about this event
What is the future of small and medium sized building (SMB) electrification? How do we electrify low-to-moderate income and underserved communities? BlocPower’s two pronged approach toward SMB electrification relies both on emerging technologies and community organization. Using its proprietary, machine learning software, BlocPower is able to target specific building typologies with the appropriate electrification measures: primarily air-source heat pumps. Further, BlocPower engages the local communities to build trust, develop the local workforce and further penetrate previously underserved communities.
BlocPower is a Brooklyn-based energy technology startup rapidly greening American cities. Since its founding in 2012, the company has completed energy retrofit projects in over 1,000 buildings and delivers results ahead of schedule and under budget. BlocPower utilizes its proprietary software for analysis, leasing, project management, and monitoring of urban clean energy projects and its customers are saving 20-40% on their energy bills each year.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP): Energy
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Understand the benefits of electrification.
- Introduce the concept of air source heat pumps for both heating and cooling applications.
- Become familiar with BlocPower’s zero-down lease offer and turnkey service.
- Learn how to get involved.
Speaker: Joseph Werner
Joseph works on the Project Operations Team at BlocPower. He is responsible for the coordination and execution of BlocPower’s clean energy and Wi-Fi projects and helps manageBlocPower’s strategic partnerships. He is currently based in Los Angeles, where he also oversees BlocPower’s work in California.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI, Joseph earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science & Sustainability from The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He has spent the entirety of his career working in cleantech at the intersection of energy efficiency and renewable generation and real estate. Prior to joining BlocPower, Joseph worked in utility consulting at Waypoint Energy and sold efficiency and renewable solutions directly to commercial buildings at Carbon Lighthouse.