- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Can we have compliant, carbon negative cement?” – Free CE Webinar
July 20, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
You will learn “Zero Carbon, Regulatory Compliant Cement”.
About this event
We will talk about how we are decarbonizing portland cement and possibly making it carbon negative. Is it possible?
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Show people where CO2 is produced in cement
- Review how can be decarbonized cement in a safe compliant way
- Articulate can do to reduce embodied carbon in cement
- teach people about embodied carbon which impacts global welafe
Instructor: Cody Finke
Cody Finke received his BA in Chemistry from Carleton College (’12) and PhD in Engineering and Applied Science from Caltech (’20). At Caltech Cody studied wastewater treatment for low-income countries and catalysts, process design, and technoeconomics for the production of low-CO2 commodity chemicals/materials. Cody is currently the CEO and co-founder of Brimstone Energy. Cody in the authors of four academic papers, and three granted patents. In his free time, Cody enjoys outdoor activities.