- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Geodesic domes made resilient in micro factories” – Free CE Webinar
June 1, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Can Geodesic Domes help usher in a unique approach to more sustainable housing?
About this event
Can we decentralize the building industry and reduce living costs by making resilient homes with local natural materials and reducing carbon in automated factories that everyone owns?
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Submitted for Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- Submitted for American Institute of Architects
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Review the basics of design and construction with ceramic materials that benefit society
- Articulate opportunities geodesic dome design for healthier housing
- Understand the benefits of micro-factories as safer and more decentral ways to design and build housing
- Review the concept of Digital twinning
Speaker: Morgan Bierschenk
Morgan is a new Dad and Architect of the Future. His background is in industrial engineering and computer science. He worked at Intel corporation for 7 years in various programming, engineering, and project management roles. Unsatisfied with material success, Morgan threw his career to the wind, and spent 9 years travelling around the world, then cruising around the pacific ocean in a wooden sailboat he restored in a barn. During this time of deep introspection and freedom, he was given a glimpse into a new and ancient village building paradigm. Since re-entering society in 2015, Morgan has been teaching himself a new material science and home manufacturing technology, along with conscious leadership skills, to materialize that new paradigm. He is on a mission to build an exciting future, and a more beautiful world for all of our kids and grandkids.