- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Healthy Indoor Air Guideline With Smart Strategies to do it” – Free CE Webinar
July 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
You will learn “Healthy Indoor Air Quality & Smart Ventilation Guidelines”.
About this event
When designing or renovating buildings, it is relevant to have in mind healthy indoor air quality guidelines to select the proper heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems that will help us maintain a comfortable, safe and healthy environment.
Indoor air quality monitors are becoming more affordable and accurate reporting levels of indoor pollutants in real time. During this course, we will highlight a human-centered design approach prioritizing health, reviewing the type of pollutants, leveraging the latest innovations in IAQ monitoring devices, providing research-based recommendations on pollutant levels that maintains a healthy environment, and describing effective strategies to reduce pollutants to reach healthy levels. Maintaining a healthy indoor environment requires energy. We will conclude the course with some remarks on smart systems, and balancing building sustainability while achieving healthy indoor environments.
Bonus: We will cover some of the IAQ requirements and credits in LEED and GreenStar Homes
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- LEED AP Homes and O + M
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Know What we need to measure to assess indoor air quality in buildings and how it applies to LEED v4 BD+C Homes / v4.1 prereq ventilation
- Review recommendations on safe levels of pollutants we need to maintain to have a healthy environment. How does it apply to LEED V4 O+M Prereq Ventilation
- Articulate the mechanisms to effectively reduce indoor pollutants and how to get credits in LEED v4 BD+C Homes / v4.1 enhanced ventilation
- Discuss what is the current state of IAQ standards and how we manage energy to effectively maintain a healthy indoor air quality.
Instructor: Victor G. Niño
Victor G. Niño, Ph.D. PE is the Director of Business Development for Build Equinox. He holds both a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Business Administration from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Victor has more than 20 years of industrial experience in the heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) field. As a senior research engineer, he developed new heat exchanger technology for air-conditioning systems that use natural refrigerants. As an engineering manager, he led a global team of engineers using Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software to speed up commercialization of heat transfer products. He is a member of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers) and currently serving as the Government Affairs Committee Chair of the ASHRAE Wisconsin-Milwaukee Chapter. Victor also teaches HVAC Fundamentals at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuous Education program.