- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – Live demo: Everything to do with walls for higher performance” – Free Webinar
May 25, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
About this event
During this session, we will go back to discuss the five control layers in the wall assemblies from where we were to where we are going, including heat transfer, moisture, air, and bulk water. What do we do to improve these areas sustainably but cost-effectively?
Everything is on the table, including discussion about framing type, structurally insulated framing systems, panelization, advanced framing, and more.
Join us to learn, add to the discussion, and get your questions during this live wall assembly demonstration!
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 2 hours in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Review the basics of wall assembly design for a healthier and more energy-efficient home in line LEED BD+C V4 Homes MR Credit advanced framing
- Understand all options for designing and building better framing systems and achieving LEED BD+C V4 Homes MR Credit advanced framing
- Articulate choices in framing systems and compare contrast systems that improve the walls and benefit LEED BD+C V4 Homes MR Credit advanced framing
- Know where to go to get more information to improve construction welfare for longer-lasting but efficient walls.
Instructor: Brian Iverson
Brian is the CEO of US Engineered Wood, INC offering a disruptive lineup of products with a global environmental impact. US Engineered Wood now has all the solutions to reduce the operational carbon, aka reduction of heating and cooling costs, for every structure from RV’s to 10 story buildings. If you are seeking to gain a thermal break to minimize the transfer of outdoor climatic heat or cold from affecting the interior of a structures’ ambient room temperature, then they have it. Please head over to www.Tstud.com to learn more.