- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Professional Dehumidification Strategies for High Performance Homes” – Webinar
May 18, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
About this event
This course offers a great overview of the importance to the comfort, health and preservation when controlling high moisture levels in the indoor environment for the occupants and home. The details covered will be a benefit to anyone within the HVAC, engineering or home building industry to become more knowledgeable on the moisture related issues experienced in homes today. If you are in a region where high moisture from ventilation systems could impact a home as well, we will provide a great solution specifically in minimizing those outdoor latent load concerns.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- How does high moisture content in a home effect the comfort, health and preservation to the occupants and home?
- What poor indoor air quality triggers are activated or elevated when the RH levels rise in a home?
- Doesn’t the air conditioning system remove enough of the moisture in a home to make it “Healthy”?
- What considerations need to be taken when sizing and applying a professional dehumidification system to meet the needed expectations in creating a healthier, more comfortable and preserved home?
Instructor: Chris Howells, Senior Training & Development Manager – AprilAire Academy
Chris grew up working in the HVAC industry with his grandfather. That experience has led to over 25 years in the trade. He spent most of his career thus far in the field as a service technician, installer, comfort advisor and owner of a business. After his time in the field, he served as a Technical Service Manager and trainer for a distributor of a major equipment line.
He started his career with AprilAire in 2015 and has filled multiple roles as a District Sales Manager, Regional Manager and Senior Product Manager for Ventilation. Now as the Senior Training & Development Manager, Chris continues to express his passion for the Building Science and HVAC to all in the industry. Serving others by providing the knowledge of all the attributes that create a more comfortable and healthier environment for the occupants while offering the home the protection it needs to facilitate a healthy home is what drives Chris’ unmatched passion for the Indoor Air Quality industry.
Chris has trained thousands of people on the importance of IAQ within the industry including HVAC contractors, distributors, engineers, new home sales teams, raters and inspectors. AprilAire believes everyone deserves healthy air, especially in their own homes! That starts with knowledge of what makes up the quality of the air in our homes and buildings. Chris and AprilAire are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this event today.