- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Storm windows on the inside? A new way to save energy easily!” – Webinar
December 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Details about this event
Inside or out, the secondary window movement is picking up as we look for ways to quickly reduce energy, improve comfort and stop heat loss in our existing building stock. Even new construction can benefit. Join our panelist as you can learn about some new technologies that even a construction novice can use now to build or renovate, BETTER.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) LEED AP Homes, BD+C and O + M
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP): Materials, Energy
- Certified Passive House Consultant
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Articulate how secondary windows work and their performance connected to LEED BD+C V4 prereq minimum energy performance.
- Review different applications for secondary windows both inside and out and how they could help garner LEED BD+C V4 Credit Annual Energy Use Points
- Know where to go to get more information secondary storm existing and upcoming technology that can benefit occupancy health and comfort.
- Understand how secondary storms can improve sound quality, and reduce energy use and costs connect BD+C V4 prereq minimum energy performance.
Speakers: John Slagter & Sam Pardue
John Slagter began working in the construction industry in 1975 and since then has been involved in numerous technology development efforts to improve the quality, comfort, appearance and performance of buildings. He founded Mackinac™ in 2007 to develop improved insulation and energy management systems for fenestration. During the past decade, Mackinac™ has grown from one-person working in a home office to a multinational business with facilities in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Sam Pardue serves as the CEO of Indow, which manufactures and markets window inserts that press inside your window frames to provide comfort, quiet, and energy savings. Indow window inserts are great looking, easy to install, highly effective, and affordable.