- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “What is True Residential HVAC Design & Commissioning; What Standards Apply?”
August 10, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
You will learn “True Residential HVAC Design, Commissioning and Standards.”
About this event
This course is designed to introduce the basics of residential hvac design and commissioning. It will highlight the importance of residential HVAC design that follows the ACCA Manual process and the commissioning process at a residential level. It will introduce standards already in place that can be referred to for best practices. The target audience is HVAC Designers, HVAC Contractors and Energy Raters. You must have a working knowledge of basic residential construction and HVAC to benefit from this course.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Understand the basic ACCA Residential Design Process and why true HVAC Design is necessary for occupant and building health.
- Define Commissioning as it applies to Residential HVAC. Learn how a design that considers occupant and building safety can fail if a true commissioning process is not used.
- Get to know RESNET/ACCA Standard 210 and ASHRAE 221
- Learn How Standard 310 and Standard 221 work together to create a complete Residential HVAC Commissioning Process that will make sure the HVAC system acts as designed to maintain building and occupant safety.
Instructors: Jeremy Begley & Paul Yankie
Jeremy Begley has been in the high-performance buildings industry for over 10 years. He is currently a Founding Partner of HVAC Design Partners, a business that specializes in HVAC design, test, and balance and commissioning of custom residential and light commercial buildings.
Paul Yankie, CEO of Green Building Design and Co Founder of HVAC DESIGN PARTNERS
Paul manages the day-to-day operations of Green Building Consulting, an independent third party high performance building consulting, verification and education firm with over 400 certified projects and tens of thousands of living units performance tested across 13 states. Prior to taking on these roles, Paul’s thirteen year career as a licensed financial planner and small business consultant led his interest into green building with an eye towards Return on Investment and how it can drive the construction industry towards best practices. He holds or has held the following leadership roles within the industry: A founding USGBC Ohio Chapter Board Member, USGBC SW OH Regional Chapter Advocacy Chairperson, Residential Green Buildings Member Circle Chairperson, Board of Directors Member, and 2015’s Green Person of the Year. Current professional designations include: LEED AP Homes, LEED for Homes Green Rater, LEED for Homes Provider QAD, National Green Building Standard Verifier, Licensed Real Estate Agent in the State of Ohio and NAR’s REALTOR®, GREEN, City of Madeira Planning Commissioner.