Looking for a (relatively) quick and easy way to grow your social media following?
Join me, Garrett (AIBD Communications Director) while I practice my sketching and grow our social media following.
The challenge starts Friday, October 1st.
Inktober was started several years ago by a dude named Jake Parker.
- Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
- Post it somewhere people can see.
- Hashtag it with #inktober and #inktober2021.
- For AIBD, also use #CreatingWherePeopleLive and #Inktober2021AIBD for a chance to be featured by us.
- To be featured by AIBD, use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. I’ll be monitoring all 4.
The idea is to draw something (in ink) every day for thirty-one days.
There are prompts you can follow, or you can draw whatever you want.
If you know me, you know I’m not actually a designer.
I just work here 😉
But I do think it would be cool to learn how to design houses.
So, I’m going to start sketching out some ideas this month, as a participant of #Inktober2021.
It helps grow your social media!
The two main things to be successful in social media are:
- Consistently post things relevent to your industry.
- Engage with other users, especially the ones who comment and share your posts.
Posting every day for 31 days and using hashtags will attract new followers.
For one thing, lots of people participate in and follow the #Inktober hashtags.
Those people will see your work, and if they’re interested they’ll follow you.
Don’t forget: follow numbers don’t matter if they don’t care.
You only want people who are actually interested in your work, which is why I suggest you draw houses for Inktober.
The consistent posting with similar hashtags will tell the social media algorithms to promote you more in those hashtags.
Get prepared to draw daily with these resources:
Don’t forget, AIBD members get a discount on our courses. If you need the code email email@example.com.
Inktober 2021 Official Prompt List.