- Training and Education
It just has a new name (and look).
- 14 Categories.
- Everyone qualifies to enter.
- No timeline for project completion.
- Enter as many times as you want.
- Members receive 30% off entry fees (contact us for the code).
- Deidre Wiegandt, CPBD, from Loleta, CA (April 14)
With only NINE more between now and June 30, AIBD will set a new record for the number of new CPBDs within a fiscal year.
- 2020/2021 – 38 (So Far!)
- 2019/2020 – 46
- 2018/2019 – 44
- 2006/2007 – 43
- 2007/2008 – 40
Get started today at AIBD.org/certification.
- Carla Gordon, Associate Member from TX
- Dierdre A. Wiegandt, Professional Member from CA
- Jerald Austin, Professional Member from SC
New members are listed here from the previous week. If you’ve joined but do not see your name here, you will probably be on next week’s.
- Robert Akins (CO)
- William Burton (TX)
- Matt Gray (TX)
- Winford Jones (UT)
- Alex Nicolas (FL)
- Scott Tiffany (FL)
- Randy Young (FL)
- Dan Baumann (MN) has exceeded 5 CC Points (7 in 20/21 and 7 total) and have been elevated to the Bronze Member Level.
- Bill Murray (TX) has exceeded 5 CC Points (6 in 20/21 and 6 total) and has been elevated to the Bronze Member Level.
Professional members who have recruited 3 new Professional members or 1 Corporate member during the fiscal year (July through June) receives a free renewal. Here are our Bill Ding Membership Award Winners (so far) in 20/21.
- Dan Baumann (3 Professional members + 1 Educator member)
- Bernie Kern (3 Professional members)
- Bill Murray (3 Professional members)
Now, it’s possible to follow the AIBD event on Hopin Explore.
Be a part of a HOPIN event in just 3 steps.
- At the scheduled time, enter the event using the link above (Chrome or Firefox produces the best results). If it’s your first time using Hopin, “sign up” and create your profile and avatar (the avatar is optional).
- In the LH margin, click on the “Sessions” icon.
- One more click – the big button with the chapter name – and you’re in.
This year’s code hearings offer ICC members/non-members, code officials, architects, builders, engineers, fire and energy conservation professionals the opportunity to provide input on proposed code changes to the Group A International Codes®.
Group A will cover the following sections of the IBC and IRC:
- IBC-E: IBC Egress provisions – Chapters 10 and 11
- IBC-FS: IBC Fire Safety provisions – Chapters 7, 8, 9 (partial), 14 and 26
- IBC-G: IBC General provisions – Chapters 3 – 6, 12, 13, 27 – 33
- IRC-M: IRC Mechanical provisions – Chapters 12 – 23
- IRC-P: IRC Plumbing provisions – Chapters 25 – 33
Training and Education
We said 60% off; it’s actually 58%, we rounded up.
One course per month (with a month or two off) means you’ve paid for your annual membership and more.
There are three ways to get ahold of the discount code.
- Refer to the welcome email received upon joining AIBD.
- Go to AIBD.org/member-center, log in and click the “Discount Codes” tab.
- Contact us at 202-750-4900 or info@AIBD.org.
Get trained, learn something new, and pick up some continuing education while you’re at it.
Design professionals learn about fiberglass entry doors’ physical and structural components and compare their performance to those of wood and steel doors.
Did you know the National Fenestration Rating Council and North American Fenestration Standards have a rating system?
Are you aware fiberglass entry doors can be used to fulfill guidelines relating to ENERGY STAR® and LEED®?
4x Friday is a concise email I send out with four of the coolest things I’ve found, learned, or experienced that week.
It’s concise. A tiny bite of goodness before you head off for the weekend.
We are also filling the 2021 dedicated blast schedule. A dedicated blast is an email exclusively dedicated to your company and a message sent to over 8,400 AIBD subscribers.
Availability is limited and sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Kathy Dowdy, Account Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions or if you’d like to secure your campaign.
Subscribe to a trustworthy source to scour the internet and deliver your inbox content worth your time and attention.
Thanks to the work of AIBD Communications Director, Garrett Mickley, ten episodes are currently available featuring Sam Morgan, Jeremy Farner, Brendan Smythe, Miguel Villalobos Sandoval, Casey Thompson, Kristen Kaiser, Pamela Macior, Dan Turner, Larry Stephenson, Past AIBD President, David Pillsbury, and AIBD Certification Director, Rusty Hudnet.
If you’re interested in becoming a building designer, want to earn your CPBD designation, or want to hear some great career advice, join in the second Tuesday of each month to meet guests who have completed or are currently on their journeys to becoming a CPBD.
“When I was elected in 2018, I had a long list of goals.” Writes our Immediate Past President. Read what Karen Kassik-Michelsohn is proud of accomplishing.
“Building a better residential design profession, one designer at a time.” Writes AIBD President Bernie Kern. Read about his objectives for 2020/2021.
An uploaded resume in your job seeker account makes applying quick and easy.
- Search for jobs and apply filters to just view jobs relevant to you.
- When the jobs populate, enter your email address on the pop-up window.
- Once completed, you will receive an email asking you to activate the job alert.
- Click the link to receive emails containing only jobs that match your criteria.