LARRY GILLAND, NCBDC, LEED AP BD+C, CSI, brings experience and innovation to every project he designs, from private custom homes to commercial and community contracts. A respected community leader, Larry has been a consistent name for over 40 years among designers and architects who design for the top Colorado Springs and national production and custom home builders, as well as private clients. Larry started his own architectural design company in 1982, creating homes both large and small throughout Colorado Springs, including many in the Broadmoor Resort and Kissing Camels, as well as projects in Summit County, Beaver Creek, Santa Fe, Scottsdale, and Nigeria, where he worked with a team to design a hospital clinic with Engineering Ministries International.
Smart, sustainable design is a passion for Larry, who is LEED certified and a former Steering Committee Chair of the USGBC. He is always seeking new professional challenges, co-founding Rocky Mountain Plan Company and Collaborative Design Group. As an adjunct professor at Pikes Peak Community College he has developed the sustainable course and curriculum that blended the Architectural, Interior Design Students and Construction Management Students into ground breaking course that has a wait list every year. A Colorado Springs native, Larry is dedicated to the growth and beauty of the community, serving as a long-time member of the National Association of Home Builders, CSI (Construction Specifications Institute), and many other related business organizations. He is currently serving on the local Habitat for Humanity Building Committee. His participation in AIA Imagine Downtown has helped in the ever evolving Urban Design of Downtown Colorado Springs.
Larry believes in collaboration and creativity, and is passionate about the process of making a client’s dream become a reality. He embraces challenges, always seeking new knowledge and approaches. When he’s not at his computer or on site, Larry enjoys golf, biking, skiing, travel, and watercolor.
“The relationship of good design coupled with an understanding that we are building not just houses, but homes, is the heart of why I do what I do.”
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- LEED Accredited Professional BD+C
- NCBDC–Certified Professional Building Designer
- B-1 Commercial Contractor’s License, Colorado
- ICC International Conference of Building Officials, Certified Building Inspector and Plans Examiner
- NAHB CAPS (Certified Aging in Place)
- CSI Certified Document Technologist (CDT)
- CDOT Trained Erosion Control Supervisor
- High Honors, Denver Institute of Technology
- CAD & Revit Technology, Pikes Peak Community College
- Lifelong learning in so many subjects and courses to ever list.
PROFESSIONAL ENDEAVORS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Collaborative Design Group, Co-Owner
- Rocky Mountain Plan Company, Co-Owner
- Pikes Peak Community College, Adjunct Professor
- Habitat for Humanity, Building Committee Member
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), Treasurer
- American Institute of Building Design, Fellow Member
- NAHB, Former Chairman of Code Review Committee
- Former El Paso County Planning Commissioner
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Former Steering Committee Chair
- Former Region Chair of SW Region of CSI – Techanical documents