How to Earn Your BIM-R
Date: March 15 & 16, 2017
Location: Mitek Distribution Facility, 4380 International Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30354
- $495/$595 on or before
February 15, 2018February 16, 2018
- $545/$645 on or before March 10, 2018
- $595/$695 at the door (Inquire first, please)
Lodging: Here are some options within 3.4 miles (prices as of 2/13/18):
- $62 – Motel 6 Atlanta Airport (Booking.com)
- $122 – Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Atlanta Airport-North (Priceline)
- $123 – Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-North (Hotwire)
- $137 – Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Airport (Priceline)
- $137 – La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North (Priceline)
- $143 – Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport (Hotels.com)
- $144 – Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North I85 (Priceline)
- $256 – Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel (Renaissance)
What is included?
- Two full days of BIM management training.
- Snacks, beverages and lunch each of the two days.
- Training materials.
- Continuous access to an online community consisting of the faculty and attendees.
- The BIM-R designation.
- Your Certified Residential BIM Manager certificate.
- Licensed use of the Certified Residential BIM Manager badge and logo.
REGISTER HERE (Space is limited to 15 participants per conference and admissions are on a first-come, first-served, basis)
Building information modeling (BIM) is a data-led process that allows project teams to manage information from the design stage and throughout the construction life-cycle. The American Institute of Building Design recognizes an immediate need in the residential construction industry for high level specialists in BIM. Attend this two-day interactive forum and grow your management skills, earning a “BIM-R®” credential while you do it.
What is a BIM-R Manager? What kind of knowledge and abilities should a BIM-R Manager have? In terms, “BIM Manager,” “BIM Coordinator,” and “Information Officer” have crept into our commercial and industrial construction vocabulary in recent years. It is only natural that the trend will migrate into residential construction – single family custom homes, single family production homes, and multi-family buildings. The need to guide both consumers and professionals from a traditional to digital means of building delivery is going to be very much required and for the foreseeable future, it will be the BIM-R Manager who will facilitate that transition. The goal of this insane training program is to give those who are currently practicing BIM or aspiring BIM Managers the skills they need to survive and thrive in this challenging role.
As designers, engineers, contractors and others all start working in new ways, BIM-R will become business as usual. Meanwhile, essential for all is a need to evangelize the benefits of change, good communication, as well as continuous learning and development. This is not a class for those who like the status quo. Effective BIM-R Managers need to be prepared to elevate their role and ensure the best decisions are made. In an industry renowned for tight deadlines and low profit margins, the push for change and innovation needs to be well informed. Register now and fight against BIM-like outputs not delivered optimally or efficiently. Cut through the noise and distortion, learn a new skillset, drive change and fully reap the rewards of the digital construction revolution.
After completing this training program, BIM-R Managers will…
• Have a clear understating of what BIM-R is and how to communicate it;
• Know how BIM evolved and how BIM-R excels in residential construction;
• Understand who all the partners need to be and how to get them on board;
• Be able to create both space and time simultaneously;
• Provide everyone involved essential material and cost information;
• Master building lifecycle, material analysis and component assemblies;
• Gain 100% buy-in from stakeholders; and
• Map their personal BIM-R route for success.
After the classes, the training never ends. All BIM-R graduates also receive exclusive membership in an online social group lead by the faculty. Ask questions, share your triumphs, coordinate on projects, have access to resources, and more.
CLICK HERE to reserve your seat (Space is limited to 15 participants per conference and admissions are on a first-come, first-served, basis)