Date: 7/11/19 Location: 1704 N Honore Ave, Sarasota
Meeting called to order at: 11:51 AM
Chair: Ren Carotti
Vice Chair: Jenni Lewis Secretary: Paul Glaser
AIBD members present:
Doug Shepard, Kevin Lovley
NON-AIBD Members present:
by: Ren Carotti, Chair
Bert Horsting (BH Cad), Alba Valencia (Manatee County), Cary Hannon (Foundation Technologies, Inc) today’s presenter, Scott Liebel & Dan Scarberry (Flordia Shoreline and Foundation)
- AIBD 2019 Summer Conference Aug. 8 – 10 in Clearwater FL.
- New Code update coming in 2020.
- Coastal A Zone – New flood map lines still not drawn – May require pilings for all new structures – tie into today’s presentation.
- Gary Thompson of Final Draft won the monthly drawing for a yearly membership.
- We are looking for new meeting location as Goodwill is closing their Community Rooms. Presentation & Notes:
- Mr. Cary Hannon, PE of Foundation Technologies, Inc gave a very thorough and engaging presentation on his company’s Helical piles and their application in the field. He was supported by Scott Liebel and Dan Scarberry of Flordia Shoreline and Foundation a local installation company.
- Lunch from the Panera Bread restaurant was provided by Foundation Technologies, Inc.
Email: AIBDsuncoastChapter@gmail.com Blog: AIBDsuncoastChapter.BlogSpot.com Facebook: Facebook.com/AIBDSuncoast/
Next Meeting: The August meeting has been postponed because the AIBD 2019 Summer Conference Aug. 8 – 10, falls on our regularly scheduled meeting date. Our next meeting will be held on Sep. 12, 2019.
Meeting adjourned by: Ren at: 1:05PM