- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Capturing real estate agent/buyer attention in high performance homes” – Webinar
March 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
About this event
A high-performing home is more healthy, comfortable, safe, and resource-efficient than an average home. These homes may generate and store their own energy and include a wide range of high-performing features such as air sealing, insulation, and energy efficient heating and cooling equipment.
Given the benefits that high-performing homes and features provide and the opportunity to sell the homes for more money, what is stopping these homes from taking over the market?
Through interviews, surveys, and a Midwest-focused appraiser-led analysis, Elevate has created a body of research that points to the market changes needed to fully engage all of the stakeholders in the real estate transaction to ensure fair and consistent value for these superheroes of the housing stock.
After the formal CEU event concludes we will be inviting all West Michigan based realtors to stay on for a meet and greet until 1pm EST where we will discuss the formation of a green home realtor task force. Please plan to join us.
• List the marketplace changes real estate agents and homebuyers report needing in order to prioritize high-performing features and homes during the homebuying process.
• Explain the importance of local appraiser-led analyses that investigate the potential of a high-performing premium;
• Develop a strategy for engaging with the local real estate community, to form a partnership that leads to the consistent and fair valuation of high-performing homes.
• Describe the appraiser-led research from the Midwest that found high-performing home premiums and how the premium was determined.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- CE Marketplace MI Realtor
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- Submitted for American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP) Pillar(s): Energy, Health, Materials, Water, Place
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
Pamela Brookstein leads the market transformation and real estate engagement work for Elevate, a nonprofit dedicated to designing and implementing efficiency programs ensure the benefits of clean energy reach those who need them most. In her role, she works to ensure the value of high-performing homes are visible in real estate transactions. Pamela developed and teaches classes designed specifically for real estate professionals. Additionally, she researches and writes about consumer reactions to high-performance homes and works to learn what would motivate buyers to invest in energy efficiency upgrades.
Brett Vredevoogd is a Residential Realtor in Grand Rapids Michigan focusing on helping eco-conscious homeowners increase energy efficiency and maximize home equity. Brett is also involved with educating the Real Estate industry on a local and national level about the importance of marketing energy efficiency and documenting high-performing features on the MLS.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: