- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – “Can your roof tiles also generate solar power?” Free CE webinar
February 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
About this event
Imagine if all our roofing or more of it could also generate solar. Imagine if your roofer was also your solar contractor.
Could a two-for-one approach to roofing reduce the costs of a separate roof and solar installation while reducing materials and applying the new IRA tax credits to the entire roofing system?
What if we could design better areas with strict solar laws for aesthetics? Can it be done?
This course will be aimed at builders, architects, and designers, and will focus on the convergence of the roofing and solar industries, how to incorporate solar into your construction scope, and the products that exist in the market. Building and roofing knowledge are a plus, but not required.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- Submitted for American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP) Pillar(s): Energy, Materials
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Passive House Consultant US (CPHC) Pending
- Understand the basics of integrated solar roofing design and install
- Review the benefits of solar power and the sustainability of incorporating it into the roofing system
- Know where to get more information when designing and specifying solar roofing
- Articulate the sustainable benefits of the solar roofing system which improves the welfare of the industry
Main: Scott Sumetz
Scott has over 13 years of experience as a solar leader with an extensive finance background. His passion is to change the way we use energy through education and deployment of solar across the US. His roots in finance started after college over 25 years ago by building a successful local Northwest Mortgage firm. In 2010 Scott moved his family to Phoenix Arizona utilizing his home-financing background to be a part of the solar industry, focusing on both commercial and residential. He has spent his last 8 years with SUNRUN successfully scaling the Direct and Retail Sales Teams throughout the Southwest. Thrilled to join the GAF Energy team, he is excited to be part of the next evolution in the solar-roofing space.