- This event has passed.
The GreenHome Institute’s – Foam Free High Performance Building Enclosures” – Free CE Webinar
May 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Details about this event
Foam Free High Performance Building Enclosures presents a clear and practical guide to achieving the highest levels of resilient and sustainable building enclosures while eliminating foam. The growing performance demands of air control, vapor control, thermal control, health and sustainability are examined. Foam insulation, dominant in today’s high-performance marketplace, is increasingly recognized as hindering many of these building performance goals. Practitioners are therefore wanting and finding new solutions that virtually eliminate foam and provide greater performance. This presentation is a careful look at how to do it.
Continuing Education Units (CEUS) 1 hour in
- Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) NonWholeHouse
- American Institute of Architects – AIA (HSW) (PENDING)
- Certified Green Professional (NARI & CGP)
- Certified GreenHome Professional (CGHP)
- State Architect / Builder License may be applicable
- Define what qualities differentiate high-performance enclosures from typical construction and how those qualities are evolving.
- Describe practitioner concerns of foam insulation hindering efforts to meet the evolving high-performance qualities.
- Describe how a foam free enclosure can more robustly achieve the qualities of high-performance.
- Describe practical methodologies practitioners can implement, to successfully produce a high-performance enclosure that is foam free.
Instructor: Chris Quincey
Chris has a bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management from Quinnipiac University. While there he discovered his passion for the sustainability market through international business experience. This led him to attain a graduate degree in Bioeconomy from the University of Hohenheim in Germany, where he furthered his involvement in business by working with the Entrepreneurship department. Having worked in adjacent markets, such as landscaping, painting, residential solar, and below-grade waterproofing, moving on to join the 475 team to create a more sustainable construction market was a no brainer. Outside of work hours, you can find him traveling, gardening, hiking, or fishing.